Job Title: Supervisor Claims
Under general direction, this position is responsible for the management and development of a team of 6-8 LTC Claim Adjusters. Promotes personal and professional growth through goal setting; creates attainable performance goals and objectives. Communicates job expectations, coaches, counsels and monitors staff performance. Approves and monitors staff attendance and manages disciplinary issues. Solves problems using sound business judgment and communicates both written and oral information clearly and professionally. Ensures department policies and procedures are adhered to by staff.
- Sets and clearly communicates goals for team members to ensure department/company standards are met.
- Ensures team reviews all workflows on an ongoing basis to capitalize on effectiveness.
- Ensure all team members are fully trained and utilizing appropriate technology
- Provides day-to-day leadership, coaching and counseling to assigned staff
- Monitors assigned staff and provides real-time feedback
- Provides assistance to the team and assists members with problem solving
- Responsible for the team to meet key metrics around quality and production
- Manages personnel issues consistently and in accordance with department and LifeCare policies
- Administers performance managements steps and disciplinary action on a timely basis when needed, consistent with company policy
- Develops detailed documentation in general; ensures that all documentation is maintained in each employee’s file; reviews performance management and/or disciplinary action steps with Department Manager
- Regularly meets with staff to discuss individual performance results
- Guides team as they identify root causes of unfavorable trends and implement solutions
- Strives to implement practices which will improve service to the customer
- Assures continuous quality improvements and best practices
- Supports new technologies as tools for driving increased efficiencies and stronger results
- Conducts interviews and is involved in the hiring process. Strives to create a high-performance culture by appropriately assessing internal and external talent.
Prerequisites for the Job:
- Minimum five years previous long term care claims experience or equivalent
- Recent relevant supervision/management experience preferred, with an emphasis on performance management.
- Proficiency in oral and written English language communication
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others
- Well organized and highly detail-oriented
- Able to manage multiple tasks and projects under time constraints
- Previous experience using email, Internet, Windows and Microsoft Office and other applicable computer systems.
- Advanced Excel experience preferred.
- Two years college (A. A. Degree) preferred
- Physical and mental requirements for Managerial personnel
All candidates must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon offer given, or become vaccinated after offer is given.
Please send resume to: email@example.com