Job Title: Claims Training Specialist
Working under the general supervision, provide an effective education program to advance the quality and production level of the Claims Department by developing and delivery claims training programs that continuously improves the Claims Department performance to meet strategic goals. This person is responsible for the successful training of claims adjusters in highly technical long-term care insurance products. This person may also present long-term care product training and respond to complex questions from our client companies and their producers (salespeople).
- Training: Coordinate, plan, prepare, schedule, deliver, and evaluate staff education, manuals, and materials for highly structured training sessions. Develops and upgrades course material as needed, incorporating useful suggestions. Works with Audit personnel regarding implementation on changes in state and federal regulations. Educates all adjusters (including those not in training) about changes in regulatory requirements. Conducts annual training in fair claims practices, anti-fraud, New York adjusting, and other mandated periodic training. Training may be held in conjunction with other departments e.g. Legal, Compliance, Internal Audit.
- New Hire: Assist with the orientation, education and integration of new employees in the Claims Department. Conducts training classes for new hires and current staff members, individually or in groups, relative to the department's training needs based on policies and procedures, compliance requirements, and insurance products to ensure that department accuracy standards are met. Develops and conducts testing and submits written evaluations. Recommends timely corrective action for trainee employees who demonstrate deficiencies or inabilities. Communicates with claim supervisors.
- Process Improvement: Creates and updates ancillary tools to assist in claims processing as well as, resolve inconsistencies between existing and updated processing guidelines. Provides feedback to management on policy and procedure improvements.
- Audit: May assist in internal claims auditing. Evaluates audit reports to identify learning and development issues. Escalates findings to Claims Management team. May prepare files for internal and external auditors’ reviews.
- Product: Presents LTCI product presentations in-house and for client companies’ sales leaders. Responds telephonically to producers’ technical product questions. May make periodic visits to client company home office to assist with training or meetings as needed.
- Other tasks at the request of senior claims management.
- Upholds performance standards
- Performs all job duties in accordance with deadlines established by management.
- Performs all job duties in accordance with departmental standards for accuracy, quality and productivity
Prerequisites for the Job:
- Must be able to work as a team player and have a professional demeanor.
- Will be required to pass New York Independent Accident and Health Adjuster test within a specified period.
- Requires strong written and verbal communications skills to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Demonstrable presentation skills.
- Ability to read and extract meaning from complex written material, and effectively communicate technical information.
- Training experience preferred. Disability or long-term care claims experience strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in oral and written English language communication.
- Organization and prioritization skills. Able to manage multiple tasks and projects under time constraints.
- Previous experience using email, Internet, Windows and Microsoft Office and other applicable computer systems.
- Equivalent to 2-year degree or other professional designation; BA/BS strongly preferred. In lieu of degree, equivalent education and/or experience may be considered.
- Must be a self-starter and can work independently.
- May require occasional travel.
- Physical and mental requirements for Professional Office personnel.
All candidates must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon offer given, or become vaccinated after offer is given.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org