Job Title: Claims Staff Assistant 1
Under close supervision this position opens and processes mail, locates and distributes claim files, files correspondence, and performs other necessary work in support of claims adjusters. This position may assist adjusters by following up correspondence and obtaining information by phone, and order medical records. Fostering sound, amicable relationships with individuals or entities inside and outside the Company is necessary.
- Accurate and timely distribution of claim files identified on daily report.
- Process and matches mail, fax, vendor reports and all correspondence to appropriate claim files
- Safely transports claim files using appropriate equipment.
- Routinely monitors incoming fax equipment and mail delivery for timely handling
- Date stamps all correspondence received in the Department.
- Accepts new or additional responsibilities as needed to support Claim Department business.
Prerequisites for the Job:
- Proficiency in oral and written English language communication
- Willingness to work cooperatively with others
- Able to manage multiple tasks and projects under time constraints
- Previous experience using email, Internet, Windows and Microsoft Office and other applicable computer systems
- Well organized
- High school diploma or GED
- Physical and mental requirements for General Office personnel
All candidates must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon offer given, or become vaccinated after offer is given.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org