Job Title: Accounting Supervisor
Under general direction performs complex accounting functions for LifeCare and client companies. Responsibilities include those typically associated with intermediate accounting for premium accounting and treasury functions, such as journal entries, budgeting, statutory compliance, financial reporting, reconciliation of accounts, and journal entries. This position supervises the work of others.
- Supervises premium accounting functions and assists as a backup as necessary, including managing deposits and resolving bank issues
- Supervises accounting for premiums, including resolving accounting issues, and reviewing and approving journal entries
- Assists with client company reporting and responding to issues and requests
- Assists with daily check payments, wires, positive pay, 1099’s, escheat processes as necessary
- Assists with various complex projects and accepts new duties as necessary.
- Upholds performance standards
- Performs all job duties in accordance with deadlines established by management
- Performs all job duties in accordance with departmental standards for accuracy, quality and productivity
Prerequisites for the Job:
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in accounting. Life or health insurance experience an treasury experience preferred.
- Minimum 1 year supervisory experience required with ability to manage personnel and their projects
- B.S. with Major in Accounting.
- Proficiency in oral and written English language communication
- Computer proficiency to include using Microsoft Office, Windows, Internet, email, GL system and computer systems such as the AS400
- Physical and mental requirements for Managerial personnel
- Willingness to work cooperatively with others
- Able to manage multiple tasks and projects under time constraints
- Well organized
All candidates must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon offer given, or become vaccinated after offer is given.
Please send resume to: email@example.com